AIS's mission regarding IT Strategy services is:
1. Provide technology solutions and support services to the entity engaged.
GOALS to guide strategic activity going forward:
- Partner with business people to align IT with business plans.
- Improve the success rate of IT projects.
- Protect IT assets by instituting standards and security procedures.
- Improve the cost and delivery of IT services.
- Invest in staff to sustain and enhance a quality workforce.
2. Provide General Architecture Principles for Everyday Decision-making
Help define formal Policies, Standards, Procedures, and implement Best Practices in every single aspect of IT
work within the company.
- Limit the choice availability of technology options by defining strategies and
- Selection Criteria for Products/Technologies: Performance, Cost-Effectiveness, Sustainability.
- Lifecycle Planning: Orderly outphasing & support of legacy products/technologies.
- Lifecycle Planning: Deliberate Investment in new products/technologies.
- Lifecycle Planning: Optimal exploitation of existing products/technologies.
- Maximize Interoperability, Componentization and Re-use.
- Standardize Data Exchanges before Databases. Use Web Services. Focus on standardized content & protocols.
- Centralize identity authentication. It’s ok to retain authorizations (roles) within applications & appliances.
3. Strategic IT Planning using appropriate methodologies.
4. IT Vision Statement where all aspects are focused on and a time frame is given of when the goals must
be fully in place.
5. IT long-term Strategies where each aspect is elaborated on, be it the customer, the IT Organization,
Storage and Data Integration, Technology Architecture and investment in work force.
- Streamline processes to improve efficiencies
- Meet constituent expectations for quality at reasonable cost while maintaining confidentiality
- Make the constituents’ service selection as easy as possible
- Manage knowledge base to maximize insight and re-use
- Maintain flexibility to respond to new service needs
- Maintain a high level of professional and technical expertise. Attract and retain high-caliber staff committed to
entities common vision of one enterprise
- Identify and facilitate the sharing and movement of talented people and create an environment that maximizes
intellectual productivity (supported by IT strategies five and six)
- Leverage the synergies throughout the company and foster/implement a culture of information sharing.
- Ensure that business processes are compliant with security and privacy requirements
- Drive economies of scale through shared best practice
- Drive rapid development of new services
These are some of the foundations used to define the company IT-Strategy.